Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Out and about: Day 1

Money. An essential item in our lives. We use money everyday...but do we really know the story behind it apart from how to earn and use it? Well- I certainly don't!

Therefore today, I had a chance to take the students out to see how money works in New Zealand. Where did we go? We went to The Reserve Bank Musuem!

Look at this photo and see if you can guess how much money there is ? and the weight?

                                               (The answer will be reveal at the end of the post)


                                                    
The Curator of the museum, Mark was very helpful. He was an interpreter in Japan for 5 years so he used to speak Japanese fluently. He mentioned as well that he knows what it is like to learn another language as for him, it certainly was not easy. He showed us around the musuem and show us things such as the bank notes that was made years ago, the vault, old coins, the Moniac, etc.


Everyone looks interested!


Thank you for being such a great host that day, Mark :) We certainly know alot more than we did before!

(The answer is to the first picture is
Amount: NZ $ 1 MILLION
Weight:  20 Kilograms)

Did you get that right?

I guess the correct amount and would have got the correct weight if I hadn't change it to 25 KG later on (my first guess was 20 Kg). Mark then said, if you were sitting in exam..your first answer would always be correct therefore to always go with your first instinct. Hmmm...so right. I should have stick to my first answer! Got me wondering now how I did for my exam.......

No comments:

Post a Comment